• Graytex Plotter Papers come in 3 varieties:

    • Bond Plotter Paper
    • Translucent Bond Paper
    • Vellum Paper

    What is Plotter Paper and What is it Used For?

    Plotter paper is designed specifically for use as output media in architectural and engineering plotters. These plotters are driven by a variety of Computer aided Design ("CAD") programs to create 2- or 3-dimensional drawings using vector graphics and are used to design or draw images of virtually everything built or manufactured. The most widely used variety of plotter paper is opaque bond because of the visual clarity of sharp lines against an opaque white background. Translucent bond is more often used for test prints or intermediate reproducible prints. Multiple prints can be made using the Diazo or Xerographic processes; plus, it is a less expensive alternative to vellum. Vellum, on the other hand, is a 100% cotton (or "rag") product that is generally used where archival quality is important. It is an ideal intermediary print where multiple copies can be produced on demand. Plotter papers are available in sheets as well as rolls. The most commonly used plotter paper sizes are 24 and 36 inch widths, although widths may be as narrow as 8½ inches, or as wide as 60 inches. Industries include architecture, civil engineeriing, shipbuilding, the automobile industry, aerospace, electronics, cartography, fashion, interior design, landscaping... the list goes on and on.

    Should I Use Sheets or a Roll?

    Graytex plotter papers are available in sheets or rolls so you can select the option best suited for your application. Both sheets and rolls are ideal options for a variety of applications, but each have their own advantages. The paper's roll width makes it cost efficient when printing large quantities of engineering or architectural prints. The plotter paper roll length is expressed in feet and gives you an idea of how frequently you will need to replace the roll. The plotter paper roll is ideal for when there is a job that requires multiple prints without having to continuously reload the paper. While you need to cut the roll after each print, some printers have automatic cutters built in. Plotter paper sheets are ideal for smaller jobs in which you would not to reload the paper. Plotter paper sheets also eliminate the need to cut the paper between each print.